Thursday, April 11, 2013

In my mind vs reality

In my mind:

I have written at least 10 posts since my last one
I have deep cleaned my house.
I have lessons for Children's Church posted and ready until school starts.
I have menu-planned and cooked from scratch at least 4 times a week.
I have all the laundry current, including having it put away.
I have planned out a small garden for the summer.
I have mastered a new position at work.
I have written letters to my friends just to say hi.
I have lost 20 pounds.
I have been exercising daily.
I have been reading my devotional daily.
I have new hair style and color.

The reality:

I finally sat down to write tonight.
The dust gets blown off the shelves occasionally, the dishes are clean, and the vacuum cleaner still works.
I have next Sunday's lesson almost written.
We haven't gone hungry and we get a home cooked meal once or twice a week.
We all have clean clothes to wear every day.
I have friends who garden and they might be willing to share with me!
I am totally overwhelmed with that new position, but inventory is over for another year.
I text and chat with my friends on Facebook.
I haven't gained 20 pounds.
I at least think about exercising daily.
I am behind in my daily devotional, but still reading.
Same old style, same grey hair.

2 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

I love you!

Anonymous said...

I finally got a new hair style this week but it is still grey!

I love this...and you too!