Saturday, December 17, 2016

Making it work

     The last few months have been all about change at our house.  It  hasn't been easy, but I keep praying that it will become easier as time goes on.  We have had several huge changes and I think that we are all struggling to go with the flow.  I know that the changes are the right ones for our family, but change is never easy.  I am trying to keep believing that these are the changes that God has planned for us.

     My job change for the most part has been good.  I love being close to home, but finding the balance of home and work is rough.  I am so used to having three days off, that it has been hard to get my household chores done.  Laundry is a struggle as is cooking at home.  Delainey wants us to have some freezer meals handy so that we can use our crock pot more often.  I agree with her, but finding the time to make the meals is my current struggle!  I have more changes at work that are hard emotionally for me, but again, some how I have faith that it will work out the way God has it planned.

     Jim's new position is requiring him to be away from home more...and that's a huge struggle for all of us.  I know that he doesn't mind the drive, but we do!  We miss him being so far away.  We miss being able to stop in to see him while we are in town running errands.  But again, we have faith that this is how things are supposed to be right now.

     The biggest change happened last week.  Jim's parents have moved back in with our family.  They are at a time in their lives when they need more help than we were able to give from two hours away.  We have adjusted rooms, schedules, and everything else.  There will be bumps in the road, but family helps each other.  I spent time as a child in a three generation home, so it doesn't seem abnormal to me.  There are still things that we need to juggle...laundry time, meals, expenses, tv time, but I know that they will work out.  Again, faith!

     Delainey seems to be handling the changes pretty well.  She misses her dad in the mornings.  It was their time together.  They need to work out a special time for just the two of them.  She also misses quiet time in the afternoon with just she and I.  We have been blessed to have a friend who takes her to school in the mornings and picks her up in the afternoon.  Without that help, we wouldn't be able to function with our new schedules.  She has her ups and downs with it all, but she is resilient and I know that she will be okay.

     Change happens, whether I want it to or not.  I am getting better about accepting change in my life and going with it.  I have to keep faith that God has a plan for all that we are going through right now and that He will guide us through all the bumps.  We just keep on making it work the best that we can!

No comments: