Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanksgiving Leftovers

     This isn't about the yummy turkey sandwich kind of leftovers, I didn't have any of those this year.  I started the month of November with a daily Facebook posting about something that I am thankful for.  Then my computer decided to take a vacation for a few days.  When it came back home, I was out of the habit.  There are some important people that I didn't get to mention in my daily gratitude posting, so here are my "leftovers".

     I am very thankful for my family.  We don't always agree with each other, but we are always there for each other.  I have never had a "traditional" family, but it is mine.  My mom, my brother, and I were a team.  I grew up spending holidays with my aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins.  I miss those times of celebrating with my extended family.  I have wonderful inlaws who welcomed me into their family very easily.  When Jim and I married, I gained two sons.  Being a step-parent isn't always easy, but Shane and Dylan have always made it interesting!  Delainey is truly my miracle child.  She is so much like me, but she is also her own person.  She makes life fun!

     I am very thankful for my friends.  I have been so lucky with the friends that are part of my life.  There are days that they make me laugh out loud.  They cry with me, laugh with me, and support me in so many ways.  I have talked about my friends before, but they deserve an extra shout out here as well!

     I am thankful for my amazing husband.  Jim is my partner in life.  He knows when I need my space and when I need to be pushed.  He can make me laugh with just a look.  He is my best friend and I enjoy his company.  He is my safe space in the craziness of life.  He makes me smile!

     Most importantly, I am thankful for my Lord and Saviour, Jesus.  I know that I am so blessed in my life.  I have rough times, but the good outweigh the bad times.  The thanks and praise all go to God.  He makes all the things in my life better!

No comments: