Friday, December 16, 2011

It's the weekend!!

     I am so excited that the weekend is finally here.  I don't have any "big" plans, but I look forward the the weekend all the time!

     I am usually off on Thursdays, but I worked this week.  Thursday is my day to do laundry, clean house, and just have some alone time.  I really missed my Thursday.  Thankfully, Jim has taken over and given me time off! Last night he sent me to bed at 8 pm.  I was out for the night!  He took over the evening!

     Tomorrow, Delainey and I are making gingerbread houses.  We bought a kit (yep, a kit for those of us who are lazy) that has five smaller houses. This is one of the traditions that she and I have together and we enjoy the mess that we make!

     We have to grocery shop tomorrow as well.  Like Old Mother Hubbard our cupboards are bare.  Hopefully we can get in and out quickly.....

     Christmas preparations are almost done.  I did a little more shopping today.  I still have some giftcards to buy and a book to get.  There is only a little more wrapping to do as well.  I haven't sent cards out yet because I am still waiting for our pictures to come back.  I am going to have to send them out soon, pictures or not.

     We are going to be childless for a few days.....school will be out, so Delainey will be spending some time with Mamaw and Papaw.  The house is always quiet when she is gone, but she needs time with her grandparents.

     Sunday we are going to try church again to see if Delainey will sit through a service.  I hope so, I miss not attending church every Sunday. Next Sunday we will be home, so we can worship with our church family.  I know that we will find a place to attend down here, but it just takes time! We have a Christmas party Sunday  evening.  I am sure that it will be a relaxing time for all of us!

Happy Weekend to all!!

No comments: