Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Early Morning Conversations

     I am out of bed four mornings a week before sunrise...3am in case you were wondering.  I am usually on the road within forty minutes of rising, unless Facebook is really good!  There really isn't much to do while driving to work at that time of morning.  Not many people are up to talk to, so at times, I talk to myself.  I use the time to pray, listen to music, sing, and get my mind ready for the day ahead.  But some mornings, like today, my passion takes over my brain.  

     We have lived in our new town for almost a year.  We still don't have a church that we call home yet.  We have tried a few churches, but nothing has been the one, for various reasons.  There is a church close to our house that Jim and I both enjoyed.  The people are very friendly, we enjoyed the message, but they have no children's program.  That is a huge issue for a family with a young child.  There is another church that has a children's program, but it is farther away.  I hate that we just can't pack up our church from home and bring it down here.  But we can't do that.  It is time to make a plan for our spiritual health.

     I convinced myself this morning that I need to call the pastor of the church close to us and talk to her.  I need to see if there are any plans for a children's program.  I would even be willing to start a children's program.  I hate stepping out of my comfort zone, but I feel like I need to make every effort to find a home for us.  I don't know if it will change anything, but I know that I need to make the effort

No comments: