Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Heart

My heart has been heavy lately.  I have two friends battling cancer.  I was reminded of a former classmate who lost her fight before she even had a chance to live her life.  I have a dear friend who experienced things as a child that no person should have to experience.  Another friend is struggling to get back on her feet.  A coworker is dealing with a family member who was murdered just the other day.  My mind and heart are just having a hard time coping with so much sadness in life right now.

I know that there is a Plan for everything.  My friends with cancer are fighting...one is hoping that her crisis leads others to the Lord, the other is bringing people together in an amazing way.   The friend who was abused as a child reaches out to others to give them comfort and hope for the future.  Other friends are sharing their strength and struggles to move on with life.

I don't normally dwell on such sadness, but so much has been on my heart lately that it has been hard to let go.  Today, I prayed, I prayed hard.  I read what my pastor calls "The Instruction Manual for Life", the Bible.  It gave me comfort.  My scripture today reminded me that the Lord is near and that He can give me peace.  So I am praying for that peace, for me, for my friends, for my church, and for all those that need peace.

                    Rejoice in the Lord always!  I will say it again: Rejoice!
                    Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near. 
                    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by 
                    prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your 
                    requests to God.
                                                  Philippians 4:4-6

1 comment:

Eternal Lizdom said...

When our hearts are heavy- that is the time we most need to rejoice, even though it is often the most difficult time to do just that.