Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

     My family celebrated 2012 about 2 hours early and then we went to bed!!  Jim did wake me up at midnight to tell me Happy New Year's.  The neighbors and their guns woke him up!

     2011 was a year of big changes for me and my family.  We moved to a small town from the city.  It was a culture shock for us all, but I am happy to say that we are settling in nicely.  There are still some adjustments ahead, but I know that we will be just fine!

     Last year my word for the year was "better".  In many ways, I do think that things got better.  It wasn't perfect, but I wasn't reaching for perfection.  I am still not sure what my work will be for 2012.  I am not feeling organized yet for the new year, but it's here, so I am ready for what it brings.

     I don't like resolutions, because I never seem to keep them, but I do have some goals for the year.  I want to continue eating healthy and local as much as possible.  I want to include more physical activity for my family.  I want to get a financial plan in place for us as well.  Those are a lot of goals, but I plan on taking baby steps along the way.  Baby steps might be a good word......

     Happy 2012 to all!!

No comments: