Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I got Grumpy.

     I took a Facebook quiz the other day.  I happen to think that those quizzes are fun and often they seem to capture me pretty well.  My friend posted one to see which of the Seven Dwarfs you are.  I took it, thinking I would get Happy or maybe even Doc.  Bashful was never on my radar, but I could see me as Sleepy or Sneezy.  Grumpy never occurred to me...but my result was Grumpy.  Oh my, have I turned into Grumpy?  Am I finally that grouchy old person who scares little children and says "Back when I was young..."?  Hmmm....

     Grumpy people go to bed early....Sunday night (okay, afternoon) I was in bed at 4:30.  In my defense, it was just a late nap.  I woke up at 8 and stayed up until 10.  Last night I stayed up later than that...okay, the sun was still shining, Delainey was still up, and it was before 9pm.  The reality of my life is that I get up early in the morning, so you know, "Early to bed, early to rise..."  Oh lawdy, a grumpy person would say something like that.

     Thursday, a friend and I are taking our kids to an amusement park.  Instead of being excited, last night I had nightmares of the coasters breaking down, losing my shoes, and getting motion sick.  I love roller coasters.  They make me laugh.  I haven't been on a roller coaster in several years.  I am getting dizzy just thinking about the rides.  Does that make me grumpy?  Do I get points for attempting to ride the coasters with my daughter?
   
     I rarely drink a whole bottle of beer, it gets warm because it takes me to long to drink it.  I don't dye my hair because it's to much work.  Loud music hurts my ears and I am happy listening to talk radio. I have more comfy clothes than cute clothes.  I like naps.

     The evidence is leaning pretty heavily that the quiz is correct...I am Grumpy.  Or maybe I am just middle aged and honest with myself.  Or maybe it was a stupid Facebook quiz that doesn't really mean anything!

   

No comments: