Saturday, January 9, 2016

Seek

"Ask and it shall be given to you;
Seek and you will find;
Knock and the door will be opened to you"
Matthew 7:7

     As I have been  thinking about my word for the year, an old word kept coming back to me, seek.  A few years ago, I was sure that seek was going to be my word.  Instead, Jim suggested a family word for us and I knew that balance was what I needed at the time.  I wasn't sure until this morning when I sat down for some quiet reading and praying what my word would be for the year.  Four different verses that I came across in various readings used the word seek.  How do I argue when God is putting the word in front of me pretty clearly!

     The dictionary defines the word seek as to search or try to find someone or something, to ask for help, to try to get or achieve something.  I do feel that I am searching right now...seeking my purpose, my role in many things right now.  I know that I am always seeking direction for my career, such as it is.  I have been going through some transitions at work and there are many more to come.  Am I where I need to be or do I need to seek some changes there?  As always, I seek balance in my life.  That word, that state of balance, seems to be something that I continually reach for.  Sometimes I am successful and other times not so much,  but it is always the goal.    Asking for help is not always one of my strong points, I like to do things on my own.  Maybe my word will lead me to reach out to others more often when I am struggling.  

     I don't know where exactly I will end up with the word seek guiding me this year.  That's one of the things I love about having a word, I don't know exactly how it will apply to my life, but is always seems to in some way.  Today, I received a pretty clear message that 2016 will be a year for me to seek out new things.  I don't know if I will be like Star Trek, seeking out new life and civilizations, but I do hope to go boldly into the year as I seek!

     

No comments: