Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Card Lady

     The Card Lady...we all know one.  That person who seems to always find the exact right card for each person, for each occasion.  Your fish drowned?  She has a card for that.  New house or job?  Yep, card for that as well.  Birthdays and anniversaries are always remembered by the Card Lady...and they are always on time, never late.  Sometimes the Card Lady sends a card just to say hello.  And her cards always bring such smiles when they are received!

     I have always envied the Card Ladies in my life.  I never remember dates.  I remember vaguely when events happen...I mostly know if someone has a birthday in June, but I have no idea what the date could be.  Facebook has made it even worse.  There are dates I should remember, but forget until I see the notification that it is an important birthday.  I am a slacker.  Everyone knows that about me.  I generally send cards late, if at all.  My poor mom got her birthday card late...again.

     The Card Ladies always seem to have a supply of cards at the ready, all the time.  I seem to run out to get a card at the last minute all the time.  And then I have to take what I can find, even if it isn't the "perfect" card!  I have been known to get a card and then forget to send it all together (again, my mom has a Mother's Day card for next year already).  Or, I buy the card and can't find it when it is time to send it.  Or I don't have the address that I need to send a card.

     The Card Ladies are just more organised than me.  I know that I can do better...I know it!  I have a binder with space for cards...I have had it for a long time.  In fact, there are cards in the binder, I just haven't sent them because I forget the dates.  I have a smart phone now...I can put those important dates in my phone.  I can set alarms.  I work at a store that sells cards, how hard can it be to buy cards?  I have stamps at home (yes, they are left over from Christmas, but they still work for cards of any kind).  So I am out of excuses, it's time for me to become one of the Card Ladies that we all love so much!

     Just don't hold your breathe, it might take me a minute or two to get your card in the mail.

No comments: