Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Letting Go

     2015 is coming to an end.  As the year closes, we are all taking time at our house to let go of some of our things that we no longer want or need.  We don't go crazy with Christmas gifts, but we do need to make room for the new items that we received.  Jim let go of some of his jeans and tee shirts.  Delainey actually donated some of her stuffed animals.  I need to check out my closet to see what I no longer wear.

     I struggle to let go of things that have sentimental value to me.  I don't want to let go of things that have been given to me.  I have things that don't blend with my style that I am keeping.  I talked before about purging my things, but I have been at a stand still lately.  I need to go back to what my friend Deb talked about on her blog, keeping things that bring me joy.  I don't need to keep the things to remind me of people, I have the memories...and I can always take pictures.

     I have a good friend who is doing the hard work of pruning the negative from her life.  That hard work is not just getting rid of things, but people as well.  I admire her so much, it takes courage to do what she is doing.  I don't do drama in my life, but it seems that drama has been creeping in through various people.  I need to evaluate those relationships and see if they can become more positive.  If not, then I need to decide what I will allow in my life.

     I am on vacation for the next week.  I need to do spend some time doing the hard work of letting go.  I need to evaluate what brings me joy and what is just sitting around taking up space.  I need to look at the drama and see if it can be turned around.  I need to enjoy my vacation and at the same time, take a look at what I want to take with me into 216.

No comments: