Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Spring Break!

     For the last two weeks, my newsfeed has been blowing up with pictures of people on spring break...beaches, mountains, Disney, and deserts...all sorts of fun places.  I didn't have pictures of those things to share...and I am okay with that.  I have been able to watch everyone having fun and I am so glad that they are enjoying their time.

     I have never really been a big spring break trip person.  In college while others were going to Ft. Lauderdale or South Padre Island, I went home to northwest Indiana.  One year I did take a trip...to Kansas City MO.  I stayed in during the day while my then boyfriend worked all day.  I cleaned his apartment and watched tv...not exactly the party destination of so many others!  So, when I think of spring break, I really think of a more laid back time at home, with no schedule, no rushing around, and no fighting crowds.

     This year, Delainey was supposed to have 2 full weeks off, but thanks to snow, ice, and cold weather, she had classes for the first 3 days of break.  Jm and I were able to work our schedules such that we all had a little time off together here and there.  Jim and Delainey spent part of their time in Indianapolis visiting family, while I got to have some solitude after work each day.  Jim and D went horseback riding, shopping, and enjoyed city life.  I had a 2 night movie marathon, watching all 4 movies from the Hunger Game series, with popcorn for dinner!!

     Jim and D came home in time for D's riding lessons.  We let her stay after lessons so that she could clean stalls.  The child won't clean her room, but she will clean horse poop all night long!  Thursday was a gloomy day, perfect for sleeping in, which we all were able to do!  We did our housework for the day and then we were able to go out and about without feeling guilty.  We did some shopping, had a nice lunch, and then went to the movies...something we all love to do, but we don't do it often.  Friday was a chilly, but sunny day.  We were able to spend the day walking around the campus of IU and then hiking at Hardin Ridge. We walked about 4.5 miles throughout the day...and we were tired.  We finished off Friday by playing a few games of Clue.

     Our spring break wasn't wild and crazy.  It wasn't full of travel and adventure.  But is was a wonderful break from our daily routine.  We were refreshed and relaxed after spending time together..and away from work and school.  Maybe next year will bring our BIG spring break, but if it doesn't, we will still enjoy every moment that we are able to spend together.

No comments: