Sunday, July 21, 2013

Getting Organized!

     At work, I know where everything belongs.  It all has a place and each day before I leave, I put it all away where it belongs.  At home, I have no organization.  It drives me nuts.  I have projects that I have started, but haven't finished.  I have books that I won't ever read laying around.  I have papers that I "should" keep.  I have magazines that I have read but are still taking up space.  It is time to conquer the clutter!  I have been searching blogs on organization.  I have been pinning away on Pinterest for ideas.  I have been asking my organized friends how they do it.

     My first step is to start purging items from the house.  I haven't gotten Jim and Delainey on board, but I will be finding one thing a day to get remove from my stuff.  If I haven't used it, wore it, or looked at it an a while, it will be going.  My friends might not like me, because they might be getting some of my "junk".  So far, I have got 3 books and a microwave chip maker in a bag for my friend Linda.  I am not sold on garage sales at this point.  The last sale that we had didn't do so well.  I might try some local garage sale groups, it will depend on what I find in the house.  My purging will probably be Goodwill's gain.

     I am also looking at ways to use the space that we have in the house better.  We have lots of cabinet space, but it is deep and not functional.  I have started in the kitchen already with some plastic drawers.  So far it seems so much better...way easier to find the plastic wrap or baggies!  I have plans, but need to start slowly so that I don't spend all our money at once!  I have some ideas for the hall closet as well.  Right now it is part linen closet, part craft closet.  I need the crafts to be set up in a better fashion.  I found a really cool idea using a shoe holder that will make things more accessible.

     I am excited to get our house organized.  I think that I will be more relaxed and less stressed.  I think that we all enjoy knowing that everything has a place and that it is in it's place.  It is going to be a process and I am sure that it will take time.  Hopefully the results will be worth while.

No comments: