Saturday, July 13, 2013

Queen of Style...Not...

     Delainey has her own sense of style and I am not sure where it comes from.  She has definite ideas about what she likes and doesn't like to wear.  Skirts and dresses on on the like list, as are some jeans.  Skorts, shorts and most pants are not on the list.  Cowgirl boots, Crocs, and flip-flops are hits, shoes that tie, low cut shirts are misses.  Socks with seams, boy shorts are out, pink is in.  Shoes with heels-yes, hats-no.  It has been fun to watch her style develop over time, but I sometimes miss the days that I could pick out her clothes every day.

     I on the other hand, have no clue about style.  I usually feel like a fashion don't, but I try to be comfortable at all times.  For work, I don't have much of a choice...brown/khaki bottoms, green top.  Boring, but nice to not think about my choices at 3 am when I am getting ready.  The rest of the time, I struggle with finding clothes that I like and that look good on me.  I don't like to spend money on myself, so I tend to buy from the clearance racks.  Colors that work on me...I haven't a clue.  I know that I like my hair long, but truly, that is so I can pull it back out of my way!

     Since my surgery, I have been wearing longer skirts, and I like them.  Casual, comfortable, and cool in the heat, easy to pair with a tee shirt and one of my two pair of sandals!  When cooler weather gets here, I will be in jeans when in public, cozy pj pants at home.  Tennis shoes or my boots cover my feet.  Shoe shopping is usually torture for me, I am so not a girl sometimes!  For me, it is all about the comfort, not really about the look.

     I envy the people that always look so put together all the time.  They make it look effortless.  You know the ones...they have jeans with a cute top and the exact right jacket, and shoes that match.  I don't think that I will ever be one of those people.  I just hope that I look presentable in what I am wearing!

No comments: