Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Drop-in Ready"

     Delainey had another snow day today.  Jim and I both had to work.  Luckily, I have a wonderful friend who is willing to watch D during snow days and delays.  This friend has truly been a God sent person in our life...she was there for us so many times last year during Jim's cancer...always willing and ready for whatever we asked of her.  When I picked D up today, this friend's house was so neat and tidy...no signs that two seven year olds were there....let alone her other two girls.
   
     When I got home, I looked around my house.  I am not trying to make comparisons, but I guess that I am.  My house is not neat and tidy.  It isn't dirty, but it is cluttered.  It is unorganized.  It needs work.  I want my house to be a haven for my family.  I don't want to have to move clean laundry from the couch when we sit down.  I need a plan to get my house so that it is "drop-in ready".

     I have tried to do FlyLady, but she stresses me out for some reason.  A good friend gave me her cleaning lists.  I love lists, but all those cleaning lists overwhelm me.  I need to get myself fully onboard with a system in order to get my family fully on board.  I need to start small...and branch out.  I need to focus on one room and make lists for the family.  Jim is a huge help around the house, but he likes to have a list.  And I hate making him lists because I want him to see what needs to be done without me telling him to do it.  Do you see why I get overwhelmed so easily when it comes to cleaning my house?!

     Today, I am going to start with my computer area.  It is in the living room and it is piled high with papers..and stuff.  I am going to sort those papers today.  And I am going to file them.  Then I am going to get all the other junk off the computer area cleaned up.  I will feel that I have accomplished something.  I will keep the computer area cleaned....I will!  Then I will move on.....

     If you drop-in to visit, don't expect a neat and tidy house...maybe some day, but it might take a while for that to happen.  Just know that you are always welcome to visit.  The house might not be neat and tidy, but it is filled with love for those who come to visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came home from Milwaukee last week and the first thing my granddaughter said when she walked in was "grandpa what did you do with all grandmas stuff on the computer table". He cleaned it and she noticed! Yeah, we aren't drop in ready either.

City Homemade said...

So thankful it's not just me!