Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and
certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1

     I have always believed in God, always known that He is real.  I had an experience as a child (maybe fourth grade or so) where I know that He was watching over me in a very real way.  Since that time, I have never doubted Him or His love for me.  I have strayed from Him, but through all that I have done, good and bad, He has loved me.  

     I sometimes feel that my faith is pretty simple, that I don't have more depth because I have never gone through a period of doubt in my life.  But this verse makes me feel so much better....faith, sure of what I hope for, certain of what I do not see.  I am not very good at explaining my faith, because for me, it just is.  I have always felt His presence in my life...even when I was far away from Him.  

     The other day at church, my pastor talked about gifts that some of us have...I don't have the ability to preach the way that some do.  I don't have eloquent prayers to offer, although my prayers are very heartfelt and just as important.  I am beginning to realize that one of my gifts is my faith....as simple as it is.

     My faith is part of me, as natural to me as breathing.  My faith allows me to see the silver lining in clouds that I face.  My faith allowed me to be positive during Jim's cancer.  My faith makes me strong, when in reality, I feel so very weak.  My faith allows me to love when it would be easier to hate.  My faith allows me to do things that I never thought I would be able to do.  

     Faith...being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see.  I know my faith comes from my Father.  I am so grateful that He has given me this wonderful gift.

No comments: