Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Balance

     My word journey this year was harder than it has been in previous years.  I am not sure why, it just was.  I thought I had a word, but I wasn't sure.  Jim suggested that we have a work for our family this year...balance.  I am good with a family word, but I still wanted a word for me.  I searched Pinterest looking for words, I read, I prayed.  And one word kept speaking to me.

     On New Year's Eve, I still hadn't decided on my word.  I was up early and began to think....I surfed....I prayed.  And balance is MY word for the year.  I am happy to share it with my family, but I am going to own the word for 2014.  I spent a lot of time Tuesday morning deciding exactly what balance means to me.  I have a balance binder for 2014.  On the cover is an 8 petal flower.  Each petal is part of what I try to balance all the time.  I know that they fluctuate in their need, but as a whole, they need to be in balance.

     I have some goals for the year...some a pretty big goals, some are smaller goals.  I have a plan on how to reach those goals.  I have broken them down into smaller monthly goals.    And every month, I plan to evaluate where I am on those goals.  I am not ready to share them all yet, but hopefully I will get to that point.

     Balance to me is keeping everything in perspective.  Hopefully I have a plan to keep my life in balance for the coming year!

 

No comments: