Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Change.....

     I am not a big fan of change.  I don't like change at all.  I am content in my comfort zone, I don't like to be pushed out of my comfort zone.  I am getting ready to make some major changes in my life soon.  I know that the changes will be for the best in the long run, but right now, the change is scary.

     I grew up in a small town, a really small town.  I enjoyed living there, but I was ready to move after college.  I found a job in that small town, so I stayed longer.  I moved to the city, 21 years ago.  I love living in the city.  I love having shopping nearby, I love having everything close and convenient.  Jim has been transferred....to a small town.  Small town living was not in my plans, but Someone has different plans for me.  I am hoping that the change of pace will be good for the whole family.

     I have worked for the same company for over 18 years.  I have had the same job within the company for 15 years.  I like my job and I am good at it.  I work in retail, but in the office area.  I have cushy hours, off almost every weekend and home by 4:30 during the week.  It is a job that people don't give up very often.  There are no openings for my job in my new area.  I will be working on third shift stocking merchandise.  It will be a big change, but the stress level will hopefully be much lower.  I am excited about the change, but worried about how third shift will affect my family.

     Just over a year ago, my family found a church home, The Promise.  I love our church.  It is a source of comfort for me in so many ways.  Our pastor baptized Delainey last summer.  It was one of the most moving events of my life.  I have grown so much because of the people at The Promise.  I don't like the thought of leaving such a place.  Through many experiences at my church, I am more prepared to make this move. 

     I don't like change, I don't think I will ever like change, but I am learning to embrace change. 

     Change is good, right?!

1 comment:

Eternal Lizdom said...

First, thank you for sharing your blog with me. I think this is just one of many great ways to stay connected with people! I'm also loving getting to know you better. :)

Change can be scary and easy to resist. Heck, I don't want you to move. But it's what is right for your family right now and you never know what the future holds.

I'm so glad you started coming to The Promise and you have become an important part of our family there. You matter to so many people! And now you are going to take that love and confidence and joy and share it with a whole new community. And I think that's an exciting part of change.