Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Wow God" Moment

     I had a "Wow God" moment at my Bible study class a few weeks ago.  The class I am in is studying the book of Genesis.  This is only the second time I have gone to a Bible study, I can't believe that I haven't gone sooner.  I certainly don't claim to be much of a scholar.  I have to hunt to find things in the Bible.  I know the important things....God loves me.  I know the stories in the Bible, but I have never taken time to read or study much of the Bible.  So during class, I was struck with the lesson from Genesis.

     "And God blessed them and said to them, be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and over every living creature that moves on the earth"                    Genesis 1:28
                                                                                                                         
     I know this verse (not from memory because I have a middle age memory), but when I read it this time, it really struck a chord with me.  We are in charge of the earth.  God gave us dominion over the animals, we are told to subdue the earth.  Wow, what a responsibility that we have been given.  I keep saying that I want to recycle, to be more aware of the environment.  Now it isn't something that I want to do, it is something that I should do.  I can't wait to get moved into our new home and set up a recycling center. 

     Maybe someone else will read this verse and not see what I see.  That's okay with me.  This verse has just struck such a chord with me, that I can't wait to read and learn more!
 

No comments: