Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daylight Saving Time

     I don't hate changing time like so many other people.  I grew up changing time twice a year.  Then I went to college and didn't change time anymore.  I loved it!  The same time all year round was a great thing.  Several years ago, Central Indiana decided that Daylight Saving Time was a good thing.  Spring ahead, Fall back....whatever!  I know the saying, but I still don't remember which way to change my clocks!

     I have never struggled with adjusting to the time change in the past.  This year, it is kicking my butt!  I have to force myself to go to bed at night.  When I do, I struggle to get to sleep.  In the morning, I hit my snooze button way to often.  I have never been a big morning person, but I don't remember ever struggling so hard to wake up each morning.  I am tired all day.  I would blame this on middle age, but Delainey is only 5 and she is having the same issue.

     My child who almost always "pops right up"~her saying, not mine~is dragging herself out of bed each morning.  Her bedtime is 7pm and normally she is sleeping within thirty minutes or so.  One night this week, it was almost 10.  I let her stay home with the in-laws one day because she wouldn't wake up.  She slept until 7 am that morning.  This is a child who rarely sleeps past 6am.  Tonight she went right to sleep after church.  Hopefully her body is adjusting.

     I hope that we both do soon.  I need my sleep. 

1 comment:

Eternal Lizdom said...

I wonder if it is because we go to DST so much earlier now? I also grew up with it and when I moved to Indiana, I thought not changing clocks was weird. But my body so quickly adjusted and I liked just going with the flow. Then DST came back. And I think the mistake is that we're on Eastern time and not Central.

It has always taken my kids time to adjust and I tend to adjust pretty quickly. This time, it seems to be hitting the entire household pretty hard.