Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why....

     Why am I writing a blog?  I am not really sure.  Maybe I am just following the crowd.  I have several friends who blog.  I love reading blogs.  Maybe I just want to be trendy.  Maybe, I just want to leave some sort of memories online.

     I used to love to write.  In fourth grade, I had a teacher who encouraged us to write.  She let us make "covers" for our stories out of construction paper and then read them to the class.  Yes, we made covers out of paper, it was a long time ago and we didn't have all the binding options that schools have now.  Middle age remember?!  I wrote poems in high school.  I don't have any of them, unless they are in my mom's attic.  I am sure that they are bad poems, but I was happy when I wrote them!

    Maybe this is some way for me to capture that joy of writing.  I have tried to write journals, but I never keep up with them.  Maybe writing a blog will change that for me.  Maybe the reasons don't really matter.  I just hope that I enjoy the process of my blog.

No comments: